Scroll down if you are looking for Rimrock homes for sale
The Community was originally known as Beaver Creek as ranchers and farmers settled along the banks of the creek named for the prolific numbers of beavers found there. In 1882, when there were a total of 8 local children, Yavapai County set up one of the first schools in the Verde Valley, Beaver Creek School, drawing kids from many miles around the area.
The area became known as Rimrock in 1926. A post office was chartered July 11, 1928. Around 1957 shortly after the Black Canyon Highway was built north from Phoenix, one of the largest ranches in Rimrock was turned into a subdivision called Lake Montezuma. The majority of the population of the rapidly growing area soon lived in this one subdivision and virtually all of them were not from the local area. They would identify themselves as being from Lake Montezuma not realizing that they might also be considered a resident of Rimrock and also Beaver Creek. Thus the confusion over the name of the general area.
A Sample of Rimrock Arizona Homes for Sale
1875 Dragonshead Rd - Dyck Ranch E Rimrock, Arizona
2 Beds 1 Baths 2,525 SqFt